Bachelor, Master and PhD Projects
What is so special about a Bachelor or Master at MAMI?
Such projects cover the complete value chain of an experiment:
- Design of the experiment
- Simulation and optimisation of the setup
- Detector construction
- Set up and run of the experiment
- Data analysis
- Presentation and publication of results
⇒ we search for students who…
… have the big-picture always in mind!
… have an high sense of responsibility!
… do not hide in the crowd!
Topics (Please inquire about details!)
- Test und Charakterisierung von neuartigen SiPMTs (Silizium- Photomultiplier).
- Bau eines Recoil-Detektors
- Aufbau eines Prototyps des Targets für das Neutron-Skin Experiment am MAMI und MESA
- Development of multi-purpose fast front-end electronic
- Construction of a new Möller Polarimeter at the MAMI accelerator
- Construction and test of a novel highly-segmented neutron detector for the A1 setup at MAMI
- Data-Flow Slow Control for the PXD-DAQ@Belle II
- Transverse Asymmetries in parity violation experiments
- Neutron-skin measurement in parity violation experiments
- 3He Form factor measurement
- Neutron form factor measurement
- Production of anti-nuclei and hypernuclei at Belle II
The student will be expected to play a key role in the planning of the experiment, its setup and running and the subsequent data analysis.